Put on your community service hat and join us to volunteer and help sort, package, and distribute food to men, women, & children
at the Second Harvest Food bank of Orange County.
***In order to volunteer all adults MUST SIGN UP by clicking this link: https://feedoc.volunteerhub.com/Events/Event/Summary.aspx?EventID=4648443 , create your profile or enter your username or password.
For minors ages 14-17, they must be accompanied by an adult 21 years old or older. Must bring a completed minor liability form signed by their parent/guardian or will not be allowed to volunteer. The form can be found at this link - just click "Adult and Minor Warehouse Liability Form"
The Impact of Your Volunteer Experience
· Volunteers are the heart and soul of Second Harvest. You bring our mission to life and make up the equivalent of ~40% of our workforce – we literally cannot accomplish our mission without you!
· Help us in our mission to end hunger in Orange County by sorting and packaging donated food items in our food distribution center
· All food is ultimately distributed to individuals and families in need in Orange County
· Together we are creating a future in which no one goes hungry. Ever.
Food and Monetary Donations
· If you would like to bring your own food donations to your volunteer event, our current, most-needed shelf-stable items are:
o peanut butter
o canned meat
o canned fruit
o cereal (hot or cold)
· Monetary donations of any size are greatly appreciated! 90 cents of every $1 goes toward our programs, and $1 can provide 3 meals. Click HERE if you would like to make a donation. Thank you for your support!